Thursday, November 3, 2011

Nov. 4th

Dear Alfred,
Evie in her new dress Grandma and Grandpa Wach gave her.

Boys Aunt Kelli and baby Dean redy for church
I am so exited for Thanksgiving I love food holidays. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Flag day, you know the big three. I make a mean bird can't wiat. OH big question for you how do you make yams at your Thanksgiving? I have a house full of people who don't like them but I love them so for the last 7 years I have bean trying to make yams that all will love. One year at my dads house he made yams my husband acutely enjoyed but I haven't bean able to recreate it. mostly because I just can't in sound mind put 6 sticks of cream cheese and 12 sticks of butter in a yam based dish. maybe a potato dish but not yam. so yeah any yam recipes let me know one stipulation NO MARSHMALLOW TOPY ONES. I do a decent apple yam dish but still not a hit.OH yam yam my kingdom for a good yam dish.
Please save my Thanksgiving.
A salmon in lowe waters.

2 comments:

  1. How about Aunt Cheryl's Praline Yams. Oh Baby!
    29 oz. can yams
    1/3 c. pecans
    1/3 c. coconut
    1/3 c. brown sugar
    3 Tbls. flour
    3 Tbls. butter (honestly, who can stop at 3 I like to use about a half a cube)
    Put yams into a small baking dish(I use 8 by 8)
    Mix all other ingredients together and sprinkle over yams. Bake @ 350 for 35-40 min.
    For sure everyone will want to make out with you after they try these babies.

    ReplyDelete